A sister is a forever friend.

A sister is a forever friend.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Reagan's "Big Girl" Room

Here are some pictures of Reagan's newly decorated room. She did well for her first night in her toddler bed. She had been sleeping on the pull-out bed at Paw Paw and Maw Maw's house. So, it was perfect timing for me to make the crib disappear.
I always update these frames with my favorite recent photos. The frames are some cheapies I bought at Walmart. I added a matte and I have them decorated with a red rose to match the colors in her room.

Here is a picture of the Ladybug Parade toddler bedding from beyond-bedding.com. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it.

This lamp was created from an idea I got from another blog, Make It and Love It. I like this because it's an easy way to add color to a lamp. I chose the three colors in her bedding and they are all different sizes and textures. Also, when Reagan gets bigger and has a different theme, all I have to do is change the ribbon.

The letters for her name and ladybugs came from Uppercase Living.

The painting on the wall was painted by Andy's great-grandmother. The curtain is just a temporary fix until I get my sewing machine working again. The material will be used to make a valance. My vision is the top of the valance will be a sage green and I want to use the black gingham for a border on the bottom. It will look very similar to the bedding pattern. Lastly, I have some ladybug buttons I will hand-sew on the valance.

No comments: