A sister is a forever friend.

A sister is a forever friend.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My New Camera

Christmas came early this year for me. Let me say, I love my new Canon camera!

I've had such bad luck with digital cameras in the past. My two previous ones were both Kodaks and something went wrong with both of them before the end of the first year. I came to the conclusion I would never own another Kodak camera. So, I began my search for a great camera.

The Canon Powershot had been recommended to me, but there are so many different models. I wanted something between the basic model and an SLR, which I still hope to own someday. My sister-in-law, Beth, has the 8MP Powershot with 10x optical zoom. That seemed perfect to me. I love a camera that came zoom in. Especially, when Abby is in a school performance and I can't get right next to the stage.

Another camera that had my eye was the Canon Elph which takes video in HD. I love making DVDs with home video and pictures. I'm such a tech geek. So, after much deliberation, I had Andy buy me the Canon Powershot SX120 IS. It has 10 MP and the 10x zoom. I think I've figured out all the features. I think it's great that I can take a picture of the girls in action and the picture doesn't some out blurry.

I'm not a big fan of the software that came with the camera, but for now, I have Kodak Easyshare and Picasa. Eventually, I will buy Photoshop.

Now, I can't wait for Reagan's birthday to get a picture of her blowing out the candles on her cake.

Here are a few shots I've taken. The girls love to pose for the camera.




This is a picture of our Knock Out rosebush in the backyard.


Silly Abby


You can see the detail of Abby's freckles and her beautiful blue eyes.

No comments: